Dr. Fader is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in hip arthroscopy, sports injuries of the hip, and sports knee. His sub-specialty training and interests include hip arthroscopy for hip impingement/labral tears, knee cartilage restoration/transplant, treatment of primary/revision ACL injuries, other ligamentous injuries of the knee, and meniscal injuries.
- Hospital for Special Surgery (New York, NY) – Fellowship training in Sports Surgery and Hip Arthroscopy
- University of Colorado Hospital (Denver, CO) - Residency training in Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine (Minneapolis, MN) – Medical school training
- Saint John’s University (Collegeville, MN) - Bachelor of Arts
- Dr. Fader returned to Minnesota after completing his fellowship training at the prestigious Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.
- Completed extensive training with world leaders in hip arthroscopy and athletic injuries of the hip and knee
- Cared for several professional, collegiate, and Olympic athletes
- Academically involved, publishing research articles on ACL surgery outcomes, cartilage surgery, and hip preservation in major journals
- Team physician/assistant physician experiences:
- New York Rangers Hockey Club (NHL)
- New York Red Bulls team (MLS)
- New York Liberty (WNBA)
- NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Sweet 16 Tournament
- University of Denver Athletics- Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Gymnastics (NCAA)
- Denver Public Schools - Varsity Football
- Colorado “Smackdown” State Wrestling Tournament
- Has authored over 30 peer-reviewed scientific publications and book chapters, and presented his work at national meetings
- Recipient of numerous national and local research awards for academic contributions at national meetings
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopy
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- Western Orthopedic Association
Dr. Fader grew up in Willmar, Minnesota, and he is both honored and very excited to be back practicing in the State of Hockey. Outside the office and operating room, he enjoys spending time with his wife Caitlin, son Owen, and golden-doodle Nash on the lake, in the rink, or on the court/playground. He and his wife love traveling and attending concerts. Independently he is passionate about watersports and being at the lake, and is a competitive water-skier and snow skier. He also enjoys remaining active by playing hockey, tennis, golfing, and exercising.
225 N. Smith Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55102
2805 Campus Drive
Plymouth, MN 55441
2800 Chicago Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407